The Way To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #297

Поздравляем! Ваш новый форум создан.
Самое время войти на Ваш форум под зарегистрированным именем и затем войти в "административный раздел" (ссылка внизу), чтобы настроить форум по своему вкусу.
FrankJScott

The Way To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #297

Сообщение FrankJScott » 31 мар 2021, 00:40

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a good understanding of what a hygrometer does and what can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let us discuss how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can not just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it trying. This is the"puck" that is included with humidors most of the time and requires you to soak it in propylene glycol. I found it to be a bit of a guessing game because you need to be sure that your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It was mostly stressful since I utilized the crummy free version from my humidor so results may vary. However, after I upgraded to a Xikar puck, it was smooth sailing. I only had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very easy. It takes about 30 seconds and you just buy the propylene glycol individually. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water may cause issues because of chlorine or other substances, and distilled water will not stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite easy to use products which you can just open and pop it in a humidor such as this
rabbit air. These have a much more controlled way of handling humidity than the puck method. The only bad thing is that you have to replace these completely the majority of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't recommend attempting to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of these, particularly the tubes, is that they don't take up much room in your humidor. But, depending on how big the jar arrangement will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the jar or tubes out of Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favourite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I use for the tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the large side concerning humidity if you use them in a tupperdor. I'd aim to go a few percentages lower in the desired humidity as a consequence when you've got a tupperdor. Otherwise they do a great job of consuming humidity if it's too high and growing if it is too low. As soon as your package is stiff, then you simply throw it away. That being said, many claim to be able to recharge these quite easily simply by soaking them for a couple of days once they get stiff. Even though this might be a great way to spend less, the recharged packs definitely will not be as accurate as a first. To discover more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge because if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I do not want to cut corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method that many advocate across java forums. This company revolves round these beads and they've a great deal of diehard followers for their merchandise. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are most likely one of the costlier options but last forever. They do need spraying of distilled water after two or week though so you've got to stick to a schedule. This method is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these a coating at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing better than the place it and forget of a electric humidifier, particularly in the event that you have a large or valuable set. All these are a little expensive when compared with the other choices such as
electric humidor but there's the benefit of very little upkeep. The components also work great if plugged -- so you'll be required to conduct a flat cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of those units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capacities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You really do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's comparatively cheap.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a larger wineador installation, many advocate kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. This is a very similar method to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The crucial thing is to obtain a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive testimonials from Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor scent.

Вернуться в «Первый форум»